Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
From the onset of puberty to after menopause, women may experience a wide range of imbalances in their menstrual and reproductive hormones.
Conditions related to hormone imbalances may include:
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Women
Hormone therapy for women is indicated in a woman with clinical symptoms and/or laboratory results indicating a hormonal imbalance.
- Common types of BHRT for women include patches, creams, gels, sublingual tablets (troches), and oral pills. Formulations can be perfected by using a compounding pharmacy that can tailor ingredients and dosages to an individual’s needs.
- Balancing of female hormones is achieved by using combinations of the following when clinically justified: Estradiol, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, and testosterone. The use of bio-identical hormones is emphasized along with healthy lifestyle changes and supplements to achieve and maintain optimal results. Follow-up testing is a must to ensure that hormones are properly dosed and that the body is processing them effectively.
- Conditions where BHRT is not Recommended: Any woman who has active breast or ovarian cancer.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women:
- Helps restore optimal hormonal balance to the body
- Reduce or eliminate menopause symptoms
- Helps restore bone density and reduce the risk of Osteoporosis
- Reduces vaginal dryness
- Helps eliminate hot flashes
- May help reduce insomnia and improve sleep patterns
- May help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Supports muscle strength and maintenance
- May help improve memory and concentration
- May help slow down the aging process overall
- May help improve healthy cholesterol levels
- May help enhance sex drive and libido
- May reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
- Helps reduce night sweats
- Helps restore normal sleep patterns
- Provides balanced state for healthy fat-burning due to increased lean muscle mass
- May increases stamina, energy and endurance
- May help protect against Fibrocystic Breasts
- May help reduce endometrial and breast cancer
- May help with Depression
- Helps improve blood flow
- May help decrease inflammation and joint pain
- May help improve skin elasticity
- May help normalize blood sugar levels
- Supports immune function
- May help increase productivity and creativity in personal life
At Rocky Mountain Comprehensive Health, our goal is to uncover and treat the root cause of hormone imbalances.
As part of a thorough assessment, a physical examination is performed and appropriate diagnostic labs and tests are ordered. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is recommended to help the patient achieve lasting health and balance.